Make the most of your week with our top picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, August 30 to Sunday, September 5, 2021.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, August 30 to Sunday, September 5, 2021.
Top 11 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Restaurant Weeks | Daily; ends Monday, September 6 – Catch the last week of the annual summer charitable event that raises funds for Houston Food Bank, when you dine out on multi-course, prix fixe breakfasts, brunches, lunches, and dinners from a stellar roster of the city’s beloved restaurants. Locations, prices, and times vary.
- Trivia Tuesday at True Anomaly Brewing Company | Tuesday, August 31 | No Cover – Head to EaDo for an evening of themed trivia and tasty local suds when True Anomaly Brewing and Booze n’ Query Trivia host a game-filled night where winners can score a $50 gift card. 7:30pm.
- Houston Dash vs. OL Reign at BBVA Stadium | Wednesday, September 1 – Root on the Dash as they take to the pitch to host Megan Rapinoe and the OL Reign in EaDo. Tickets start at $8, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Third Ward Special at Community Artists’ Collective | Thursday, September 2 to Saturday, September 4 | FREE – Take a tour of Houston’s iconic Third Ward neighborhood through the lens of 6 local artists and photographers with deep roots in the area including Marc Furi, Flash Gordon Parks, Rabéa Ballin, Risky Cereal, Brian Ellison, and Derrell Boson. This exhibit will be on display through Saturday, September 25, 2021. Noon to 5pm daily.
- Opening Reception & Exhibition Tour: In Place of an Index at FotoFest | Thursday, September 2 | FREE – Witness works from 12 artists native to or currently working in Texas when FotoFest hosts the opening reception of In Place of an Index, produced and presented in conjunction with the 2021 Texas Biennial exhibition, A New Landscape, A Possible Horizon. 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- BLCK Market at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum | Friday, September 3 – Shop from local artisans selling a bevy of goods at this market showcasing Black-owned businesses and entrepreneurs at the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum in Museum District. $5, with limited free tickets available. 1pm to 5pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs Portland Timbers at BBVA Stadium | Friday, September 3 – See the Dynamo take on a Western Conference foe in a summer evening match at BBVA Stadium in EaDo. $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Electric Feels: Indie Rock + Indie Dance Party at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, September 3 – Dance the night away in the Heights to indie rock and pop hits at White Oak Music Hall when they host their Electric Feels dance party. $12 to $15. 9pm.
- Los Angeles Azules in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, September 4 – Sing along if you know the words when the Mexican cumbia band, Los Angeles Azules, brings their 40 Años tour to Sugar Land. $49.50 to $199.50. 8pm.
- Karbach Labor Day Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | Sunday, September 5 | No Cover – Celebrate Labor Day while shopping from a local market featuring area vendors and artisans as you sip on local brew at Karbach’s Beer Garden. 11am to 6pm.
- Labor Day Celebration at Waterway Square in the Woodlands | Sunday, September 5 | FREE – Commemorate the holiday while bringing the family out to the Waterway Square in the Woodlands for an evening of live music, children’s activities, pie-eating contests, fireworks, and more. 5pm to 9pm.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).