Dine on delicious dishes and enjoy our picks for the top food and drink events taking place around Houston in September 2021.
This month, you can say farewell to summer with some boozy Labor Day weekend fun, then follow up with a wine and dine date night, bbq throwdown, and farm fresh chef dinner to get you into the fall state of mind.
Here are the ten tasty food and drink happenings to keep on your radar this month:
Top 11 Food & Drink Events/Offers in Houston This Month: September 2021
- $99 Wine and Dine for Two at Brennan’s of Houston | All month long – Creole fine dining staple Brennan’s invites you to wine and dine with its annual $99 three-course meal for two. The curated experience is accompanied by wine bottle selections from its resident Wine Guys, Rich Carter and Jason Durham. Reservations can be made online through Thursday, September 30.
- Enchilada of the Month at Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen | All month long – Enchilada Queen Sylvia Casares continues her “Enchilada of the Month” series with the September edition: the all-new Alice, a nod to the colorful South Texas town recognized as the birthplace of Tejano music. Made with housemade corn tortillas filled with chicken, corn and Monterey Jack cheese and topped with a light cream sauce, salsa roja, corn and cilantro, the plate comes with rice and beans or a Caesar salad for $15.95 plus tax and gratuity. It’s available through Thursday, September 30 at both locations.
- Opening Lunch Service at Le Jardinier | Opens Friday, September 3 – Beginning Friday, September 3, MFAH’s refined dining concept will launch its new lunch service, opening at 11am to welcome guests to the bar and followed up with lunch service until 2pm. Curated by Michelin Star Chef Alain Verzeroli alongside Chef de Cuisine Andrew Ayala, the lunch menu features dishes from Carolina Gold Rice Risotto and Avocado Tartine to Texas Gulf Shrimp & Grits. Reservations are available on Resy now. Lunch service available from Wednesdays to Saturdays 11:30am to 2pm; dinner service Tuesdays to Saturday 5pm to 10pm.
- Labor Day Weekend at the Rustic | Sunday, September 5 & Labor Day, Monday, September 6 | No Cover – The country music bar and kitchen invites guests to enjoy the long weekend with free live music Sunday evening, and then more tunes and a family-style Labor Day Jam & Toast on Monday along with an afternoon happy hour until 6pm. Available at both locations. Sunday 8:30pm to 10pm; Monday 11am to 3pm.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks | Ends Labor Day, Monday, September 6 – There’s still time to participate in the summer’s hottest fundraiser, Houston Restaurant Weeks, which has raised over $16.6 million to fight hunger in Houston since its inception. This year’s citywide event features multi-course, prix fixe dine-in and to-go offerings at over 250 restaurants, with donations going to Houston Food Bank. Look through the lineup and score your reservations to give and dine.
- 2021 Pasadena BBQ Cook Off at Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo Grounds | Thursday, September 16 to Saturday, September 18 – The annual cook off event to kick off the Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo returns, featuring mouth-watering entries from nearly 90 teams across three days of smoked grilling goodness. Single-day tickets are $15. 5pm to midnight daily.
- 9th Annual BBQ Cook-Off at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | Saturday, September 18 | No Cover – Football, drinks, and a bbq showdown are all on the docket for Little Woodrow’s 9th annual BBQ Cook-Off in Midtown. Competitors can sign up to face off in categories including ribs, chicken, brisket, and the always fun open category, and you can show up to get a taste. 10am to 7pm.
- Brew at the Zoo at the Houston Zoo | Friday, September 24 – Craft brew fans can enjoy beer tastings from some of Houston’s most popular breweries, plus live music, games and activities, and an after-hours look at some of the animals. Participating spots include Saint Arnold Brewing Company, Karbach Brewing Co, 8th Wonder Brewery, Eureka Heights Brew Co, Spindletap Brewery, and No Label Brewery. Tickets are $45 (21+ only). 6pm to 10pm.
- Karbachtoberfest 2021 at Karbach Brewing Co. | Friday, September 24 to Sunday, September 26 – Karbach Brewing Co. invites beer lovers to enjoy three full weekends of Oktoberfest fun, starting with this first event that features flowing brews, live music, and fun including Saturday Stein Hoisting Competitions to Sunday Wiener Dog Racing. Times vary.
- B-52 Oktoberfest at B-52 Brewing | Saturday, September 25 – The Conroe brewery is hosting a family and pet-friendly Oktoberfest celebration, complete with beer releases, eats, fun games and more. The event will be free to attend. Noon to 10pm.
- Chef Fest at Harvest Green Village Farm | Sunday, September 26 – Chef Fest returns to Houston, inviting nine Houston chefs, including Chris Williams of Lucille’s Hospitality Group, Dawn Burrell of Late August, and Tatemo’s Emmanuel Chavez, to showcase their passion for local produce while raising awareness and proceeds for the Houston Food System Collaborative. Guests can wash down the day’s bites with craft cocktails, local beer and add-on tasting and cooking experiences. Tickets are $95 for adults ($20 for children) and include admission, unlimited samplings, five drink tickets for those 21+, live music and more. 11am to 3pm.